How it works
- There are 6 ski and 6 snowboard teams in CSS, each competing in 5 rounds. For 2018 the league starts in September and ends in December.
- In each round, the teams have a 3-4 week match window to film. The team coach/manager will field a team of 4 skiers or snowboarders which must include one female and one young gun (who is born in 2004 or later) as well as two others.
- In every round, each snowboarder or skier will have to complete a kicker trick, rail trick and an EX trick. The EX trick will be judged solely upon execution with consideration of creativity not technical difficulty.
- Crews should have more than 4 team members, however only the best footage of four skiers / snowboarders footage within the above age and gender parameters is submitted.
- Individual unedited clips of the tricks must be uploaded to the designated Dropbox folder by the end of each filming window.
- The clips from each team member are then viewed and scored by the 4 ski judges or 4 snowboard judges considering difficulty, execution, amplitude, and landing. (For more information on judging please look here)
- The footage is then edited by the CSS team. Video edits and match results will then be live on the CSS website and shared on social media.
- After all 5 rounds have taken place the winning team will be crowned the winners of CSS and awarded prize money that is kindly donated by our sponsors: The Snowboard Asylum, Ellis Brigham and Delancey.
© 2019 Championship Ski & Snowboarding